1. Hurricane Katrina - Devasting Gulf Coast Hurricane
with Cat 3-4 status upon landfall, broke levees with flooding killing 1200 people, major New Orleans diaster
2. HURRICANES WILMA AND RITA, and long hurricane season with hurricanes going into
Greek Alphabet all the way to Zeta. Worst hurricane season in Atlantic on record and longest with July Hurricane Dennis.
3. NEW ENGLAND BLIZZARD OF JANUARY 2005- WINDS UP TO 85MPH MASS. COAST,
8' DRIFTS; 22" BOSTON, 14" NYC
4. SOUTHEASTERN DROUGHT - long duration drought, and fire danger to southern states.
5. EASTERN HEAT and OCTOBER MEGA-RAIN REVERSAL - high heat in NYC metropolitan area July and August
with records broken for daily means; Big change in October with several coastal storms bringing excessive rains up to 18"
in some areas.
6. PACIFIC STORM TRAIN END-OF-YEAR with heavy rains in northern California and battering waves
even in southern Ca.
7. TORNADO OUTBREAK - Midwest states kills 22 in Evansville Indiana suburbs in October.
8. WHITE THANKSGIVING in midwest and along snow belt of Great Lakes in November, very cold follows.
9. COLD EARLY DECEMBER 2005 with major snowstorm on 7th NYC area dropping 6"-9" NJ, and over 10"
snow for month.
10. CALIFORNIA brush fires in autumn and thousands of acres destroyed as well as homes due to Santa